Hello all! Every year, I like to look up the most current statistics of the average Realtor across the United States. I've got to say, I feel so awesome when I look these up. I mean, I have a college degree; I'm under 40 (uh, well, I just turned 40 a couple of months ago); I'm a homeowner; I close more than the median number of transactions; I've been in the business since 1997, and I work for an awesome firm... I thought you might enjoy skimming over some of these stats too? Remember, when you're ready to buy or sell, I'm around and ready too. Make contact early, so we can plan for a successful transaction, with the best outcome. -Elise Russo, Windermere Eastlake in Seattle, Wa
Now, on to the demographics:
- 68% percent of REALTORS® are licensed as sales agents, 20% hold broker licenses, and 14% hold broker associate licenses.
- The typical REALTOR® is a 54-year-old white female who attended college and is a homeowner.
- 67% of all REALTORS® are female, and the median age of all REALTORS® is 52.
- Real-estate experience of all REALTORS® (median): 8 years
- Median tenure at present firm (all REALTORS®): 4 years
- Most REALTORS® worked 35 hours per week in 2018.
- The median gross income of REALTORS® was $41,800 in 2018, an increase from $39,800 in 2017.
- Median number of transaction sides in 2018:
- Residential sides for all REALTORS®: 11
- Residential sides for residential specialists only: 12
- Residential sides for commercial specialists only: 4
- Commercial sides for commercial specialists only: 4
- Formal education of REALTORS®:
- Some college: 30%
- Bachelor's degree: 31%
- Graduate degree and above: 13%
- Associate degree: 13%
- Some graduate school: 6%
- High-school graduate: 8%
- REALTOR® affiliation with firms:
- Independent contractor: 87%
- Employee: 5%
- Other: 8%
Every month, I write a blog about Seattle's real estate market and where it's headed. Read about it here: https://www.vivaseattle.com/blog/category/market-updates/